Department of Internal Medicine
Pulmonary, Critical Care and
Occupational Medicine Faculty
John F. Fieselmann, M.D.
Director, Joint Office for Clinical Outreach Services
Dr. Fieselmann's time is divided between administration, clinical pulmonary medicine, and clinical outreach. He is presently serving as the director of outreach and clinical care coordination. His research interests center on evaluating and improving the quality of rural ICU care, developing a predictive model for identifying patients at risk for cardiopulmonary arrest, and analyzing the impact of outreach activities.
Honors, Awards, and Organizations
- American College of Chest Physicians, Fellow
- Governor, State of Iowa, 1990-97
- American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine, Fellow
- Vice President, Iowa Chapter, 1991-94
- Governor-Elect, Iowa Chapter, 1998-99
- Governor for Iowa, 1999-
- American College of Physicians Laureate Award, 2003
- American Lung Association of Iowa, Executive Board, 1986-
- American Thoracic Society, Iowa Affiliate, President, 1986-89
- American Lung Association of Iowa, Executive Board, 1986-94
- Listed in "The Best Doctors in America: Central Region, 1996-97, 1998-99
- Jiang, H.J., Fieselmann, J.F., Hendryx, M.S., and Bock, M.J.: Assessing the Impact of Patient Characteristics and Process Performance on Rural ICU Hospital Mortality Rates. Crit. Care Med., 25 (5):773-778, 1997.
- Hendryx, M.S., Fieselmann, J.F., Bock, M.J., Wakefield, D.S., Helms, C.M., and Bentler, S.E.: Outreach Education to Improve Quality of Rural ICU Care: Results of a Randomized Trial. Am. J. Resp. Crit. Care Med., 158 :418-423, 1998.
- Fieselmann, J.F., Bock, M.J., Hendryx, M.S., Wakefield, D., Helms, C.M., and Bentler, S.E.: Mechanical Ventilation in Rural ICUs. Crit. Care, 3 :23-31, 1999
Links of Interest