Department of Internal Medicine
Petar Lenert, M.D., M.Sc, Ph.D.
Dr. Lenert is interested in the study of the mechanisms of CpG-induced receptor binding and downstream signal transduction evens in human and mouse B cells. His clinical interest is in the area of systemic autoimmune diseases.
- Lenert, P., Goeken, A., Handwerger, B. and Ashman, R.F.: Innate immune responses in lupus-prone Palmerston North mice: Differential responses to LPS and bacterial-DNA/CpG-oligonucleotides. J. Clin. Immunol. 23: 202-213 (2003).
- Lenert, P., Yi, A-K., Krieg, A.M., Stunz, L.L and Ashman, R.F.: Inhibitory oligonucleotides block the induction of AP-1 transcription factor by stimulatory CpG oligonucleotides in B cells. Antisense Nucleic Acid Drug Dev. 13:143-150 (2003).
- Lenert, P., Rasmussen, W., Ashman, R.F., and Ballas, Z.K. Structural chraracterization of the inhibitory DNA motif for the type A(D)-CpG-induced cytokine secretion and NK-cell lytic activity in mouse spleen cells. DNA Cell. Biol. 22: 621-631 (2003).
- Stunz, L.L., Lenert, P., Peckham, D., Yi, A-K., Haxhinasto, S., Chang, M., Krieg, A.M. and Ashman, R.F.: Inhibitory CpG oligonucleotides specifically block effects of stimulatory CpG oligonucleotides in B cells . Eur J Immunol 32:1212-1222, 2002.
- Chen, Y., Lenert, P., Weeratna, R., McCluskie, M., Wu, T., Davis, H.L. and Krieg, A.M.: Identification of methylated CpG motifs as inhibitors of the immune stimulatory CpG motifs. Gene Ther 8: 1024-1032, 2001.
- Lenert, P., Stunz, L., Yi, A-E., Krieg, A.M. and Ashman, R.F.: CpG stimulation of primary mouse B cells is blocked by inhibitory oligodeoxyribonucleotides at a site proximal to NF-kB activation. Antisense Nucleic Acid Drug Dev 11: 247-256, 2001.