Department of Internal Medicine
Mary Beth Fasano, M.D., M.S.P.H
Director, Allergy-Immunology Fellowship Program
Dr. Fasano's clinical interests include the evaluation and management of adults and children with food allergies, allergic rhinitis, and allergic asthma, as well as primary, non-HIV immunodeficiencies in adults and children.
Dr. Fasano is involved in post-graduate medical education and serves as the Director of the Allergy/Immunology Fellowship Training Program at the University of Iowa.
Honors, Awards, and Organizations
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, Fellow
- American Board of Pediatrics, Diplomat
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology, Diplomat
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, Fellow
- AAP Section on Allergy and Immunology, Member
- Fasano MB. Primary Immunodeficiencies. In: Gates RH, ed. Infectious Disease Secrets. Philadelphia: Hanley & Belfus, Inc., 2003.
- Georgitis JW, Fasano MB. Allergenic components of vaccines and avoidance of vaccination-related adverse events. Current Allergy Reports 1:11-17, 2001.
- Duke SG, McGuirt Jr. WF, Jewett F, Fasano MB. Velocardiofacial Syndrome. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 126:1141-1145, 2000.
- Dunagan DP, Rubin BK, Fasano MB. Pneumocystis pneumonia in an infant receiving ACTH for infantile spasms. Ped Pulm 27:286-289, 1999.