Department of Internal Medicine
Antoine Azar, M.D.
Director, Ambulatory Medicine Clerkship
Dr Azar’s clinical interest is in immunodeficiency and allergic disorders. His research interest is aimed at identifying molecular abnormalities in patients with immune related diseases.
Honors, Awards, and Organizations
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Physicians
- Clinical Immunology Society
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Azar, A. Ballas, Z. Office evaluation of suspected immunodeficiency in adult patients. American Journal of Medicine (In press)
- Steffensmeir, A.C.G., Azar, A.., Fuller, J.J., et. al. Vitreous Injections of Pegaptanib Sodium Triggering Allergic Reactions. American Journal of Ophtalmology 143:512-513, 2007.
- Azar, A., Muller, B.M. How to zero in on the predisposing factors - A practical evidence-based approach to rhinosinusitis. Journal of Respiratory Diseases 27(9):372-9, 2006.
- Azar, A. HIV-AIDS. In Graber M, editor, The Family Medicine Handbook, 5th Edition, Philadelphia, 2006, Saunders.