Department of Internal Medicine
Infectious Diseases Faculty
Rachel A. Miller, M.D.
Dr. Miller is the primary infectious diseases consultant for the solid organ transplant candidates and recipients. She is actively involved in the evaluation and treatment of pre/post-transplant infections in the inpatient and outpatient setting. She also works closely with the transplant teams to develop pre-transplant screening and infection prophylaxis protocols. Her other interests include medical education and clinical research projects related to transplant infections.
Honors, Awards, and Organizations
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 1988
- Sebelin Award for Excellence in Internal Medicine, 1989
- House staff/Fellow Teacher of the Year Award, 1992
- Best Doctors in America
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- American Society of Transplantation
- Grim S, Proia L, Miller R, Alhyraba M, Costas-Chavarri A, Oberholzer J, Clark N. A multicenter study of histoplasmosis and blastomycosis after solid organ transplantation. Transplant Infectious Diseases 14(1): 17-23, 2012.
- Miller R, Burdette S, Levi M, Beekmann S, Polgreen P, Kuehnert M. Communication gaps for solid organ transplant transmitted infections among infectious disease physicians: an Emerging Infections Network survey. Transplant Infectious Diseases 15:8-13, 2013.
- Miller R, Assi M and the AST Infectious Diseases Community of Practice. Endemic fungal infections in solid organ transplant recipients. Am J Transplantation 13(Suppl 4):S250-261, 2013.
Links of Interest