Department of Internal Medicine
Infectious Diseases Faculty
Michael Ohl, M.D., M.S.P.H.
Dr. Ohl's clinical interests include HIV medicine and general infectious diseases. His research focuses on the determinants of healthcare quality for persons living with HIV/AIDS, and models of care for persons living with HIV in rural areas.
Honors, Awards and Organizations
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, 1995
- Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA), 2002-
- HIV Medicine Association (HIVMA), 2002-
- Academy Health, 2004-
- Ohl, M.E., Harris, A., Drohoboycere, D., Cai, X., Nurudtinova, D., Overton, T. Do Provider Perception or Brief Screening Questions Accurately Identify Persons with Low Health Literacy in the HIV Primary Care Setting?” AIDS Patient Care and STDs, 24(10):623-9, 2010.
- Ohl, M.E., Tate, J., Duggal, M., Skanderson, M., Scotch, M., Kaboli, P., Vaughan-Sarrazin, M., Justice, A. “Rural Residence is Associated with Delayed Care Entry and Increased Mortality among Veterans with Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infection.” Medical Care, 48(12):1064-70, 2010.
- Ohl, M.E., Landon, B.E., Cleary, P.D., LeMaster, J. Medical Clinic Characteristics and Access to Behavioral Health Services for Persons with HIV. Psychiatric Services, 59:400-07 (2008).