Department of Internal Medicine
Hematology, Oncology and Blood & Marrow Transplantation Faculty
Brian K. Link, M.D.
Dr. Link's clinical and research interests focus on the immunotherapy of lymphoid malignancies. He is the principal investigator on a number of protocols utilizing monoclonal antibodies and other immunomodulators for use in the therapy of human lymphoid malignancies.
Honors, Awards, and Organizations
- American College of Physicians
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Thomas A, Gingrich RD, Smith BJ, Jacobus L, Ristows K, Allmer C, Maurer MJ, Habermann TM, Link BK 18-Fluoro-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography report interpretation as predictor of outcome in diffuse large B-cell lymphomaincluding analysis of ‘indeterminate’ reports. Leukemia & Lymphoma, 2010 Mar;51(3):439-46
- Link BK, Martin P, Kaminski MS, Goldsmith SJ, Morton Coleman M, Leonard JP. Cyclophosphamide, Vincristine, and Prednisone (CVP) Followed by Tositumomab and Iodine-131 Tositumomab in Patients with Untreated Low-Grade Follicular Lymphoma: Eight-year Follow-up of a Multicenter Phase II Study. J Clin Oncol 2010 Jun 20;28(18):3035-41
- Lin TS, Donohue KA, Byrd JC, Lucas MS, Hoke EE, Bengtson EM, Rai KR, Atkins JN, Link BK, Larson RA. Consolidation Therapy With Subcutaneous Alemtuzumab After Fludarabine and Rituximab Induction Therapy for Previously Untreated Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: Final Analysis of CALGB 10101.J Clin Oncol. 2010 Aug 9
- Drake MT, Maurer MJ, Link BK, Habermann TM, Ansell SM, Micallef IN, Kelly JL, Macon WR, Nowakowski GS, Inwards DJ, Johnston PB, Singh RJ, Allmer C, Slager SL, Weiner GJ, Witzig TE, Cerhan JR. Vitamin D insufficiency and prognosis in non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. J Clin Oncol. 2010 Sep 20;28(27):4191-8.
- Kim YH, Girardi M, Duvic M, Kuzel T, Link BK, Pinter-Brown L, Rook AH. Phase I trial of a Toll-like receptor 9 agonist, PF3512676 (CPG7909), in patients with treatment-refractory, cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010 Dec;63(6):975-83.
- Shanafelt TD, Drake MT, Maurer MJ, Allmer C, Rabe KG, Slager SL, Weiner GJ, Call TG, Link BK, Zent CS, Kay NE, Hanson CA, Witzig TE, Cerhan JR. Vitamin D insufficiency and prognosis in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Blood. 2011 Feb 3;117(5):1492-8.
- Slager SL, Rabe KG, Achenbach SJ, Vachon CM, Goldin LR, Strom SS, Lanasa MC, Spector LG, Rassenti LZ, Leis JF, Camp NJ, Glenn M, Kay NE, Cunningham JM, Hanson CA, Marti GE, Weinberg JB, Morrison VA, Link BK, Call TG, Caporaso NE, Cerhan JR. Genome-wide association study identifies a novel susceptibility locus at 6p21.3 among familial CLL. Blood. 2011 Feb 10;117(6):1911-6. Epub 2010 Dec 3
- Link BK, Brooks J, Wright K, Pan X, Voelker M, Chrischilles E. Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the elderly: diffusion of treatment with rituximab and survival advances with and without anthracyclines. Leuk Lymphoma. 2011 Jun;52(6):994-1002.
- Maurer MJ, Micallef IN, Cerhan JR, Katzmann JA, Link BK, Colgan JP, Habermann TM, Inwards DJ, Markovic SN, Ansell SM, Porrata LF, Johnston PB, Nowakowski GS, Thompson CA, Gupta M, Syrbu SI, Kurtin PJ, Macon WR, Nikcevich DA, Witzig TE. Elevated serum free light chains are associated with event-free and overall survival in two independent cohorts of patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. J Clin Oncol. 2011 Apr 20; 29(12):1620-6.
- Baum CL, Link BK, Neppalli VT, Swick BL, Liu V. Reappraisal of the provisional entity primary cutaneous CD4+ small/medium pleomorphic T-Cell lymphoma: A series of 10 adult and pediatric patients and review of the literature. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2011 Jun 3.
Links of Interest