Department of Internal Medicine
General Internal Medicine Faculty
Paul L. Mulhausen, M.D.
John McMaster Ristine, M.D., Geriatric Education Professor
Dr. Mulhausen's clinical and research interests include infection control in long-term care facilities, advance directive use, and primary care in the geriatric patient. His current projects include provision of geriatric training programs and web-based training of nursing assistant and long-term care personnel.
Honors, Awards, and Organizations
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American College of Physicians
- American Geriatrics Society
- Iowa Gerontological Society
- BB Phillips, JD Joss, and PL Mulhausen: Blood Pressure Elevation in a Patient Treated with Salsalate. Ann Pharmacother 36:624-7, 2002.
- Siegert, E., Beauchamp, L., Mulhausen, P., and Kochersberger, G.: Low Impact of an Advance Directive Educational Intervention. Archives of Family Medicine 5:207-212, 1996.
- Mulhausen, P., Harrell, L., Weinberger, M., Kochersberger, G., and Feussner, J.: Contrasting MRSA Colonization in VA and Community Nursing Homes. Am. J. Med., 100:24-31, 1996.