Department of Internal Medicine
General Internal Medicine Faculty
Katherine I. Harris, M.D.
Associate Director, Residency Training Program
Dr. Harris's clinical interests include general internal medicine with a focus on hospitalized patients. She is involved in medical student and resident education and is an associate residency program director. Specific areas of interest include obesity, diabetes, and pre-operative management of surgical patients.
Honors, Awards, and Organizations
- LeeAnn McCaffrey, M.D. Women in Medicine Award, Mayo Clinic, 2010
- ACE (Attitude and Commitment to Excellence) Award, Mayo Clinic, 2008, 2009
- Gold Humanism in Medicine Award, 2007
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- Society of Hospital Medicine
Current Work (submitted for publication):
- "Effect of an Intervention Including Portion Control Plate on Weight Loss in a Primary Care Patient Population in the United States.” March 2008-present.
- Elamin MD, Murad MH, Mullan R, Erickson D, Harris K, Nadeem S, Ennis R, Erwin PJ, Montori VM. 2008 Accuracy of Diagnostic Tests for Cushing’s Syndrome: A Systematic Review and Metaanalyses. The Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism 93: 1553-62.