Department of Internal Medicine
General Internal Medicine Faculty
Dr. Laroche is interested in diabetes and obesity prevention and treatment. Her current projects include the study of family interactions around diet and exercise in families where the adult has diabetes- before and after an adult-focused diabetes intervention. She is board-certified in both internal medicine and pediatrics.
Honors, Awards, and Organizations
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- Laroche HH, Heisler M, Forman J, Anderson M, Davis MM. When Adults with Diabetes Attempt to Drink Less Soda: Resulting Adult-Child Interactions and Household Changes. JNMA. 100(9):1004-11, Sept. 2008.
- Laroche HH, Klein J. Factors That Contribute to Turnover Among Youth Development Workers. Journal of Youth Development. 2(3): Article 0803FA003 Spring 2008. On Line at http://www.nae4ha.org/directory/jyd/index.html
- Laroche HH, Davis MM, Forman J, Palmisano G, Heisler M. What about the Children? : The Experience of Families Involved in an Adult-focused Diabetes Intervention. Public Health Nutrition. Public Health Nutr. 11(4):427-36, 2008 Epub Aug 9, 2007.
- Laroche HH, Hofer T, Davis MM. Adult Fat Intake Associated with the Presence of Children in Households: Findings from NHANES III. J Am Board Fam Med 20(1): 9-15, 2007.