Department of Internal Medicine
General Internal Medicine Faculty
Chaitanya Are, M.B.B.S.
Dr. Are's clinical interests include general internal medicine with a focus on care of hospitalized adults. Other areas of interest include medical education, patient safety and quality improvement.
Honors, Awards, and Organizations
- Member, Society of Hospital Medicine
- Member, American College of Physicians
- Member, American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- Member, American Gastroenterological Association
- Velagapudi P, Turagam M, Are C, Patel H, Yekkirala L. “A forgotten diseae: a case of Lemieere syndrome.” Scientific World Journal. 2009 May 20;9:33102. PMID: 19468652.
- Are C, Kumar A, Wrzoseck JA, Vanar V, Batey A, Ramkumar D, Geenberg E. The use of video capsule endoscopy findings in decision-making process: a community teaching hospital experience. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010 Oct;105 Suppl 1:S1-571.
- Are C, Turagam M, Aucar JA, Greenberg E. Meloxicam-induced enteropathy of the small bowel. CMAJ. 2010 Oct 25. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 20974723