Department of Internal Medicine
Konrad S. Schulze, M.D.
Dr. Schulze pursues interests related to Mechanics of gastric filling, phase separation and particle breakdown and correlations between visual parameters of contraction and their hydromechanical effects.
Honors, Awards, and Organizations
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine and Board of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- Central Society for Clinical Research
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Canada), Fellow
- Kumar, A., and Schulze, KS. The Pylorus, pp 286-287, Chapter in Encyclopedia of Gastroenterology, Elsevier Academic Press, edited by LR Johnson, 2004.
- Ramkumar Davendra and Konrad S Schulze. Gastroduodenal Motility. Current Opinions Gastroenterology 19:540-545, Lippincott, 2003.
- Jeffrey B, Udaykumar HA and Schulze K. Flow Fields generated by peristaltic reflex in isolated guinea pig ileum: impact of depth and of shoulders of contraction. Am J Physiol Gastrointestin Liver Physiol 285:G907-G918, 2003.
- R. W. Lengeling, F. A. Mitros, J. A. Brennan, K. S. Schulze, Ulcerative ileitis encountered at ileo-colonoscopy: Likely role of nonsteroidal agents. Clin Gastroenterol and Hepatol, 1(3):160-169, May 2003.
- Larson M and K Schulze. Appearance of Peristaltic Reflex in isolated Guinea Pig Ileum in Response to Boluses of Air, Water, Oil, and Cellulose. Digest Dis Sci, 47:2644-2650, 2002.
- Newspaper Interview. Eisenberg, A. What's Next; The Virtual Stomach (No, It's Not a Diet Aid). New York Times, Circuits Section, October 31, 2002.
- Schulze K, Ellerbroek, S. and J Martin: Matrix Composition in the opossum esophagus, Dig. Dis. Sci. 46:968-975, 2001.
- Schulze-Delrieu K. Visual Parameters Define the Phase and the Load of Contractions in Isolated Guinea Pig Ileum. Am. J. Physiol. 276:G1417-G1424, 1999.
- Schulze-Delrieu, K., Herman R.J., Shirazi, S.S. and Brown, B.P. Contractions Move Contents by Changing the Configuration of the Isolated Cat Stomach. Am. J. Physiol. 274, G359-G369, 1998.
- Schulze-Delrieu, K. and Herman, B. Changes in the Position and Angulation of Incisura During Contractions of the Isolated Cat Stomach. Neurogastroenterology and Motility 10:281-288, 1998.