Department of Internal Medicine
Cardiovascular Medicine Faculty
Robert M. Weiss, M.D.
Dr. Weiss' clinical interests include cardiovascular intensive care and assessment of cardiac function using advanced imaging techniques. His research interests include development of novel methods for assessment of cardiac function in genetically engineered mice, and also include mechanistic investigations of the pathophysiology of aortic valve disease.
Honors, Awards and Organizations
- American Heart Association
- Scientific Session Co-Chair, 1989, 1994, 2003
- VA Merit Award, 1994
- NIH Mid Career Award, 2003
Recent Publications (from a total of 90)
- Weiss RM, Ohashi M, Miller JD, Young SG, and Heistad DD. Calcific Aortic Valve Stenosis in Old Hypercholesterolemic Mice. Circulation 2006;114:2065-2069.
- Weiss RM. Lasting Effects of Lost Vascular Elasticity. Circ Res 2007;100:604-606.
- Berry CJ, Johnson FL, Cabuay BM, Chase J, Stolpen AH, Bashir A, Gabriel-Griggs SM, Weiss RM. Images in cardiovascular medicine. Evanescent asymmetrical septal hypertrophy and rapidly progressive heart failure in a 32-year-old man. Circulation 2008; 118:e126-8.
- Berry CJ, Thedens DR, Light-McGroary KA, Miller JD, Kutschke W, Zimmerman KA, Weiss RM. Effects of Deep Sedation or General Anesthesia on Cardiac Function in Mice Undergoing Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging. J Cardiovasc Magnet Res 2009;11:16.
- Berry CJ, Miller JD, McGroary K, Thedens DR, Young SG, Heistad DD, Weiss RM. Biventricular adaptation to volume overload in mice with aortic regurgitation. J. Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2009;11:27.
- Weiss RM, Kerber RE, Jones JK, Stephan CM, Trout CJ, Lindower PD, Staffey KS, Campbell KP, Mathews KD. Exercise-Induced Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction in Women Heterozygous for Dystrophinopathy. J Am Soc Echo 2010;23:848-853.
- Weiss RM, Kerber RE, Goerbig-Campbell JL, Davis MK, Cabuay BM, Ashrith G, Karrowni W, Davis JE, Johnson FL The impact of prolonged rotary ventricular assist device support upon ventricular geometry and flow kinetics. J Am Soc Echocardiol 2011;24:149-156.
- Miller JD, Weiss RM, Heistad DD. Calcific Aortic Valve Stenosis: Methods, Models, and Mechanisms. Circulation Res 2011;108:1392-1412.