Department of Internal Medicine
Cardiovascular Medicine Faculty
Paul D. Lindower, M.D.
Director, Cardiovascular Medicine Fellowship Program
Dr. Lindower is currently interested in clinical echocardiography, 2D, TEE, stress, and clinical nuclear cardiology.
Honors, Awards, and Organizations
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- American College of Cardiology Iowa Chapter Strategic Council Member, 2004-present
- Fellow, American Society of Echocardiography, 2006
- Member, Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, 2011
- Dr. Irving George Pesek Humanitarian Award, University of Iowa, 2006
- Lewis E. January Teaching Award, University of Iowa, 2006 and 2009
- Listed in "Best Doctors in America," 2008-present
- Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Director, 2007-present
- Konety, S.H., Horwitz, P., Lindower, P., Olshansky, B. Arrhythmias in Tako-Tsubo syndrome - Benign or malignant? Int J Cardiol 2007; 114:141-144.
- Weiss, R.M., Kerber, R.E., Jones, J.K., Stephan, C.M., Trout, C.J., Lindower, P.J., Campbell, K.P., Mathews, K.D. Exercise-induced Left Ventricular Dysfunction in Women Heterozygous Dystrophinopathy. J Am Soc Echo 2010; 23:848-53.
- Gupta, D., Lindower, P., Aronow, W.S., Abiose, A. Case of the stuck valve: Should thrombolysis be the first line therapy for left-sided prosthetic valve thrombosis in critically ill elderly patients? Cardiovascular Continuum 2011; 2:6-8.
- Hashemi, S.M., Lindower, P.D., Kerher, R.E. Transesophageal Echocardiography. in Cardiology: An Illustrated Textbook. K. Chatterjee, Ed. New Delhi. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishing (in press).