Department of Internal Medicine
Cardiovascular Medicine Faculty
Kanu Chatterjee, MBBS, FRCP (London and Edin), FCCP, FACC, MACP
Dr. Chatterjee's clinical interests focus on coronary artery disease, heart failure, and teaching.
His research interests include modulation of vascular smooth muscle function by Ca2+/calmodulin dependent kinase II.
Honors, Awards, and Organizations
- Kaiser Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1977
- Professional Education Award, American Heart Association, 1983
- Gifted Teacher Award, American College of Cardiology, 1990
- Henry J. Kaiser Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1991
- The First Melvin D. Marcus Memorial Gifted Teacher Award,
International Society of Heart Failure, 1995
- Mastership, American College of Physicians, 1997
- Kanu Chatterjee Education Center of the Residents, UCSF Established, 1998
- Chatterjee Center for Cardiac Research, Established by the Division of Cardiology, UCSF, 1999
- Cardiology Fellows Teaching Award, 2007
- Distinguished Scientist Award, University of Iowa, 2009
- Member, American Federation for Clinical Research
- Fellow, American College of Physicians, 1978-
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians-London, 1979-
- Fellow, Royal college of Physicians-Edinburg, 1979-
- Member, Library Committee, American College of Cardiology, 1981
- Member, New York Academy of Science, 1983-
- Corresponding Member, British Cardiac Society, 1983-
- Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians, 1983-
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology, 1983-
- American Heart Association
- Member, Councils on Clinical Cardiology and Basic Science, 1983-
- Member, Council on Circulation, 1984-
- Member, American Association for the Advancement of Science, 1996-
- Chatterjee K, McGlothlin D. Cardiogenic Shock With Preserved Systolic Function: A Reminder. Journal of Intensive Care Medicine. 2008; 355-366.
- Chatterjee K. Coronary hemodynamics in heart failure and effects of therapeutic interventions. J Card Fail. 2009 Mar;15(2):116-23. Review.
- The Swan-Ganz catheters: past, present, and future. A viewpoint. Circulation. 2009 Jan 6;119(1):147-52. Erratum in: Circulation. 2009 Jun 2; 119 (21):e548.