Department of Internal Medicine
Cardiovascular Medicine Faculty
Ellen E. Gordon, M.D.
Dr. Gordon's research interests focus on women and heart disease and preventive cardiology. Clinical interests include echocardiography, preventive cardiology, and cardiac rehabilitation.
Honors, Awards, and Organizations
- American College of Cardiology, Fellow
- American College of Physicians, Member
- American Heart Association, Clinician Scientist Award, 1986-90
- Institutional Research Fellowship, 1985
- National Research Service Award, 1982-84
- Gordon, E.E., Kira, Y. Demers, L., and Morgan, H.E. 1986. Aortic pressure as a determinant of cardiac protein degradation. Am. J. Physiol. 250 (Cell Physiol. 19):C932-C938.
- Morgan, H.E., Gordon, E.E., et al. 1987, Biochemical mechanisms of cardiac hypertrophy. Ann. Rev. Physiol. 45.
- Gordon, E.E., and Morgan, H.E. 1991.Principles of metabolic regulation. In: The Heart and Cardiovascular System. H.M. Fozzard, et. al. (eds.). New York: Raven Press, pages 151-161.