Department of Internal Medicine
Cardiovascular Medicine Faculty
Donald D. Brown, M.D.
Dr. Brown's clinical interests include electrocardiography, exercise testing, and general cardiology. His research interests have included digoxin pharmacokinetics, prehospital emergency cardiac care, and medical education.
Honors, Awards, and Organizations
- American Heart Association
- American College of Cardiology
- Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine and the Subspecialty Board of Cardiovascular Disease
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Sigma Xi
- Collegiate Excellence in Teaching Award
- Ernest O. Theilen Clinical Teaching and Service Award
- Issenberg, S.B.. McGaghie, W.C., Hart, I.R., Mayer, J.W., Felner, J.M., Petrusa, E.R., Waugh, R.A., Brown, D.D., Safford, R.R., Gessner, I.H., Gordon, D.L., and Ewy, G.A.: Simulation Technology for health Care Professional Skills Training and Assessment. JAMA 282 No.9:861-866, 1999.
- Petrusa, E.R., Issenberg, S.B., Mayer, J.W., Felner, J.M., Brown, D.D., Waugh, R.A., Kondos, G.T., Gessner, I.H., and McGaghie, W.C. Implementation of a Four-Year Multimedia Computer Curriculum in Cardiology at Six Medical Schools. Academic Med., 74:No. 2, 123-129, February, 1999.
- Behr, J.C., Harley, L.L., Brown, D.D., and Kerber, R.E. Truncated Exponential Versus Damped Sinusoidal Waveform Shock for Transthoracic Defibrillation. Am. J. Cardiol., 78(11):1242-1245, 1996.
- Tavel, M.E., Brown, D.D., and Shander, D. Enhanced Auscultation with a New Graphic Display System. Arch. Intern. Med., 154:893-898, 1994.
- Montgomery, W.H., Brown, D.D., Hazinski, M.F., Clausen, J., Newell, L.D., and Flint, L. Citizen response to cardiopulmonary emergencies. Ann. Emrg. Med., 22(2,Pt.2):428-434, 1993.
- Schneider, A.P., II., Nelson, D.J., and Brown, D.D. In-hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation: a 30-year review. J. Am. Board Fam. Pract., 6:91-101, 1993.